Romeo and Juliet is a play by William Shakespeare, which he wrote around 1594 to 1596 and was first published in 1597. Romeo and Juliet is arguably Shakespeare’s most popular work and it is apparent from the numerous times its been adapted for television, movies, Broadway, and musicals. The story of Romeo and Juliet is also a well-known plot used many times over.
Like almost all of Shakespeare’s work, Romeo and Juliet are considered a tragedy because of its sad tale and tragic endings that befalls many of its characters. Romeo and Juliet, set in Italy, is a story of forbidden love, it is basically about two lovers from two families who hate each other. And after the deaths of several supporting characters, and of course the death of both Romeo and Juliet in the end, it brought peace between the two warring families.
Relationship Between Romeo and Juliet
The relationship between Romeo and Juliet is one full of fiery passion and romance. One we call young love. Romeo and Juliet, you can say, is the archetypal young lovers. For the both of them, it is love at first sight, and in fact, got married soon after. They are both controlled by their emotions rather than logic. Their passion and love for each other are so strong that they are willing to risk anything and everything to be together.
Of course, love like this is mostly doomed to failure in both literature and real life. In fact, Romeo and Juliet are where the popular phrase, “star-crossed lovers” were created, meaning, lovers that are doomed to end in tragedy, that no matter what they do, their love is destined to fail.
Deaths in Romeo and Juliet
There are several key deaths in the story of Romeo and Juliet, not just the ones from the titular characters. Here are all the deaths from the story.
- Romeo – killed himself by drinking poison when he thought Juliet is dead.
- Juliet – she faked her death, and when Romeo thought she is actually dead, he killed himself. Juliet woke up from her fake death, saw Romeo dead, and decided to stab herself with a dagger.
- Mercutio – Romeo’s friend. Killed by Tybalt in a fight that was intended against Romeo. Tybalt challenged Romeo in a fight, but Romeo refused, so it was Mercutio who accepted the fight and got killed.
- Tybalt – cousin of Juliet, and was killed by Romeo out of rage when Tybalt killed Romeo’s friend, Mercutio, in a fight.
- Paris – suitor of Juliet, killed by Romeo. When Paris saw the “dead” body of Juliet, he mourned and when he saw Romeo arrived, he attacked Romeo but got killed.
Who is Responsible for the Deaths of Romeo and Juliet?
One can say that due to the hatred of their own families towards each other, it leads Romeo and Juliet to take drastic measures to be together. But due to unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances, their plan did not work and so both decided to take their own lives.
But even though the blame can be placed towards their families for their hatred and refusal to accept Romeo and Juliet’s love for one another, it is also Romeo and Juliet’s passion, their “young love” that made them do questionable decisions and eventually committed suicide. No one forced them to kill themselves, it is their blind love for each other that led them to do it.
In the end, the blame can be placed on many aspects such as the warring families, the circumstance, and of course, to both Romeo and Juliet themselves. So it is hard to just pinpoint the blame on only one person, it is a classic case of wrong place and wrong time for both Romeo and Juliet.
How To Write Good Essay Fast
Writing an essay can be a daunting task for many people as it can really be time-consuming and stressful, especially if you are a college student with a million other things to do. But here are some tips on how to write a good essay without spending too much time on it, which is good for students or people who are tight in the schedule.
- First of all, you should know enough about the topic. Research on the main topic and questions that were given to you. That way, you can have a better understanding and will be able to write the essay more quickly and efficiently.
- Have an outline for your essay. Plan what your essay will be like. For example, know or decide how many paragraphs you want or need to write. Do note the first one should be considered as your introduction, and the last one should be your closing, while the middle paragraphs are about the main topics of the essay.
- Decide what topics should be written in each paragraph. Write key points and if you have an idea, especially a good one, make sure to write it down, even if it is just a few words or a single sentence. It will serve as a guide and reminder, and it is to ensure that the idea will not be forgotten later on.
- Once you have an outline and idea, it is time that you populate each paragraph. This is the main bulk of your work. Make sure each paragraph has only a few to no fillers, and that each sentence is in point.
- After you have written everything, it is time to reread your essay and do revisions if necessary. Check your essay for typos and grammatical errors.
College Essay Writing Services
There are several ways to have your essay written for you especially if you are busy with other things. These days, it is normal to have your essays done online. One such site is RewardedEssays.com where you can have your essay done in specific time and on any topics, you would like to have written for you. It is a very reliable essay writing service that served thousands of people online.